My eBay Store

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Highs and Lows of Yardsaling

I'll start with the lows.  What is it with people who think they can sell their stuff for consignment store prices at their yard sale?  This morning I perused a rack of clothes with kids winter coats priced at $25--and they were not North Face, or Hanna Andersson.  And it's not winter.  Later in the morning, like around 11 a.m. I was at another overpriced sale.  A customer asked for a price on shorts and the seller said $2.50.  So the customer asked if she could do any better, to which the seller replied "no, I've already marked them down twice."  Obviously she hadn't marked them down enough if they were all still sitting there at 11 a.m.  I'm always tempted to say "have fun hauling all your crap back into the house."

And then I came across Arthur's sale.  It was a cottage hidden by shrubs overlooking the bay.  Perched out front amidst there wares were two aging queens sipping cocktails. It was 11:30 a.m.  I didn't buy a thing, but the scene made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment