My eBay Store

Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

The new Saver's opened!  Hurrah!  I could actually walk to it if I wanted to, but will never do so as that would mean I would have to haul my bounty all the way home on foot.

The Saver's on Branch Ave in Providence opened on Thursday.  The same day the Nor' easter hit. But I was not about to let a snow day make me miss the Grand Opening.  It wasn't until after lunch that I was able to motivate the kids to head out with the promise of a $10 spending allowance each.  I was a bit concerned that we missed our window of oppotunity--an empty store during those early hours of digging out from the storm--but figured we'd still have the store pretty much to ourselves. 

How wrong was I!  There was a line to get into the parking lot, a police officer pretending to direct traffic in the lot, and no place to park.  I was so discouraged I suggested we turn around and try another day.  But the girls were not about to forego that $10 so easily.  So we forged on and found a spot.

Meanwhile, there were people with bags loaded full of stuff streaming out of the store.  What could be left?  What had we missed?

In a matter of less than an hour, I managed to spend close to $100, so that should give you some idea of how much was left.  This was truly a GRAND opening.  Saver's must have flown in employees for the event.  I haven't had so many offers for assistance at Nordstrom. 

So what did I buy?

My best find was a girl's North Face down 3/4 coat for $12.99. Normally more than I'd pay at Saver's, but this was really a steal.  The coat is in perfect shape except that it's missing the hood.  Will save it for my younger daughter. I also found several Mini Boden dresses ($3.99 and $5.99), a Hanna dress ($4.99), an L.L. Bean girl's winter jacket ($6.99), and various clothes the girls picked out including a leotard, two hoodies, and a dress.

Then I found some crafts including these looms...

The flower looms (photo on top) were $2.99.  The Crazy-Daisy Winder was in a bag for ($2.99) which also included a Weave Easy Hand Loom and a set of Magic Looms.  All now up on eBay!

We then headed to the toy section and scooped up a few games and several vintage puzzles including these two 1957 TUCO puzzles ($1.99 each).

I also picked up a Wilton Tasmanian Devil cake pan ($2.99), vintage Koala painting ($2.99) and a few other items.  And that was without perusing the entire adult clothing section.  I will definitely be back--once the crowds die down!

I'm going to try to start posting twice a week--once with what I've found (or my ThrHaul) and once with recent sales I've made on eBay.  So look for a second posting later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment