My eBay Store

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Not Much in the Neighborhood


I was so excited for today's "Summit Goes on Sale" I could hardly sleep.  In years past the neighborhood association had a spring yard sale to raise money.  This year, someone had the brilliant idea to skip all the hard work and instead convince everyone else to have the sale.  The neighborhood association collected fees for getting on the map and then publicized the event. 

Unfortunately, they may have made it too easy to participate and many of the sales consisted of a table of overpriced odds and ends.  Oh well.  It was a beautiful sunny day and I did find a few treasures.  Not the haul I was hoping for, but you can't win every time. 

My favorite find is this antique pitchfork.  I paid $10 for it.   I already have an old wood pitchfork hanging in my living room.  Now I just need to find a wall to display this beauty.  Not sure what it says about me that I seem to be collecting pitchforks...



Probably my most fruitful find was this vintage hand loom I scored for $1.  I'm hoping to resell it for around $30.  I also found this great vintage trim...



These fun paper napkins...



And these tulip-shaped candlesticks.  I think they're silverplated and hope they'll polish up nicely.  ($2, by the way.)



All in all I think I did better at Saver's this week (found a Jean Cocteau cat plate by Limoges for $5.99--it will go up for sale tomorrow night.  Fingers crossed!) But it's all about the journey, right?  And I did have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment